The Mellott Heavy Duty Drop Belt is designed to remove slabs by conveying them onto a conveyor that is located under the rollcase line.
- Operated by dual heavy steel cushioned air cylinders, the Drop Belt is lowered for slab removal and raised for lumber and cants to continue on the rollcase line for other operations
- Equipped with a deflector or shear rail which insures that lumber, cants or slabs will slide onto the belt
- A drop out space of 18" to 24" between the end of the Drop Belt and downstream rolls will remove knots, short slabs, etc., without lowering the belt
- The crank mechanism for raising and lowering the belt has been improved. It now uses dual cylinders, 1" thick flame cut arms and 3" diameter cam followers.
- Improved frame constructed of 1/4" wall structural tubing for added strength
- QM Blue Brute bearings are used on all pivots. These Bearings are double row spherical bearings with cast steel housings.
- Heavy wall conveyor pulleys are standard on all Drop Belts
We have an on-site engineering and design team capable of meeting your specific needs. We will consult and coordinate with you to customize our products and to design systems in order to provide the best options for your application. Email or call 717-369-3125 to speak with us.