The Mellott Whole Log Metal Detector Conveyor is designed to convey logs lengthwise through a metal detecting coil.
- Manufactured primarily with the MDI whole log metal detector surround system
- The 3/8” formed plate trough has sloped sides. The sloped sides keep the log centered, helping to prevent jams when transitioning to the downstream conveyor.
- The sides are extended up vertically above the sloped sides to help prevent the coil from being damaged by crooked logs.
- Drive options include a c-face electric motor with speed reducer or a hydraulic motor. Both drives use a 140 roller chain to connect to the drive shaft.
- A separate sub-frame is supplied for most metal detecting coils.
- Metal detector belt conveyors for cants and timbers are also available.
We have an on-site engineering and design team capable of meeting your specific needs. We will consult and coordinate with you to customize our products and to design systems in order to provide the best options for your application. Email or call 717-369-3125 to speak with us.