Mellott is well known for innovative designs. By customer request Mellott is introducing the Model 70E Flare Butt Reducer. Designed and built with the same rugged quality as the LMR Debarkers and across all the Mellott product lines. Adding a butt reducer to your mill infeed system will vastly reduce log handling problems and improve productivity.
The Mellott butt flare reducer features:
- Log lengths: 8 ft. up to 17 ft.
- Log diameter: 12” to 48”
- Maximum flare diameter: 60”
- Mellott Cutterhead design: 14” diameter x 28” wide sectional steel cutterhead with 48 teeth and 3-15/16” shaft
- Overhead hold down wheels
- Cutterhead drive: 100 HP 1200 RPM motor, direct coupled
- Bullwheels: Solid Cast Steel Alloy with Browning HS1 hubs and bushings
- 3 7/16” bullwheel shafts with split urethane lined pillow block bearings
- Bullwheels drive: 10 HP Sumitomo Helical Bevel Reducer
- Weight including main motor: 16,500 lbs.
- Hydraulic or Pneumatic operated
- Auto Control system with remote operator option
Mellott systems are custom designed as required. Our customers benefit by having manufacturing along with our on-site engineering and design capabilities and our willingness to work together to provide the best options for each project.
We have an on-site engineering and design team capable of meeting your specific needs. We will consult and coordinate with you to customize our products and to design systems in order to provide the best options for your application. Email or call 717-369-3125 to speak with us.